Monday, April 2, 2012

GOD's Word Speaks to Us

Friday and Saturday brought several directives to our hearts through the WORD.  As I pondered them, I wondered if I should place them on the blog.  You know how it is when you feel HIS SPIRIT speak so very directly to you, seeing you right where you're at and laying it out before you so that you cannot deny it is HIM...and you want to kinda keep it close to your heart...  I had offered a prayer for direction and, GOD made it clear Sunday morning when I opened the Bible to Ezekiel.  I will confess that when I opened the WORD, I had a fleeting thought to turn from it as I wondered how he would answer me in this part of the Bible where it was giving a description of the gates of the temple.  But I felt HIS SPIRIT tug at me to search the pages...it didn't take long and verse 4 kinda exploded off the page!  Obviously, GOD CAN DO ANYTHING and I was to "declare all that thou seest..." that HIS name would be Glorified!

And this is what I "saw with my eyes, heard with my ears, and to set my heart upon all that HE will show me..."

Friday morning the LORD opened the WORD to Zechariah 1:8-21
As Fred read these words, I listened in calmness thinking to myself how interesting it was that the description seemed a little like HE was describing our "house" in town "...and he stood among the myrtle trees that were in the bottom..." it reminded me of the row of cedars in our yard.  As Fred continued reading, I wasn't getting any strong direction as to the meaning of the words, but when he arrived at the 15th verse where it speaks of affliction, I started to feel the Spirit quicken in me and then he went on reading verse 16 "...I am returned to Jerusalem with mercies: my house shalt be built in it, saith the LORD of hosts..." the WORD was alive and I felt GOD saying...this is going to happen, the house is going to be built because HE was going to have mercy on us!  Fred's affliction is from the enemy of our souls and the LORD is going to bring judgement upon "the heathen."  And Fred read on, I hadn't said a word about what he was reading. "What be these?...These are the horns which have scattered....and the LORD shewed me four CARPENTERS!" Now I'm not for sure, but I think I said, "Does it really say four carpenters??!!!"
And of course he confirmed that it did, and continued reading.  "...What come these to do? And he spake, saying, These are the horns which have scattered Judah, so that no man did lift up his head; but these are come to fray them, to cast out the horns of the Gentiles, which lifted up their horn over the land of Judah to scatter it."  And he stopped reading.  As we shared the thoughts of our hearts, he had felt the LORD speak to him in the same way.

We believe GOD has revealed through HIS SPIRIT that HE is going to work that miracle that HE said HE was going to perform back in October and it is going to have a strong tie to the building of our home by four carpenters!  We wait with great anticipation!!!  I'll finish "the rest of the story" tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing!
    For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting...

    ReplyDelete