Friday, April 13, 2012

Our Sons Wedding Weekend Has Begun!

This week has been full of gear shifting! ;)

Fred and I had talked after returning from Texas - with our cups overflowing with deep, personal, experiences through HIS SPIRIT, that we were surely being prepared for some challenges.  I know I mentioned to more than one person, that if the LORD tried to push one more experience into my being on that Texas Crusade, I was certain I was gonna burst!  I believe we have begun to see a part of what that oasis in the desert was all about!  I've never been fond of roller coasters, and this week has pretty much felt like one as we had one good day or night and then the next was filled with affliction of one sort or another.  But we have arrived at today with renewed courage to continue trusting the GOD OF THE UNIVERSE...Our FATHER...thank you JESUS!!!

Here's an update since our last post.  Saturday, the LORD worked another miracle as I was able to "find" a dress for the wedding! :) Actually, I had to confess to my sister-in-law that I hadn't really committed this detail to the LORD, so before we headed off to Morris, we did just that!  We arrived in town around 1pm, went to the first shop and found a dress! It was the right color, it was the right size, and although it needed modification, it appeared to be easily done!!!... it was the only dress in the store that met these criteria!  The next store yielded up a blouse, and with a call to the Sewing Service....the mission was accomplished by 3:30pm!! Now I don't know what you would call that, but to me, it was simply nothing less than DIVINE, FATHERLY, LOVE!!!.... through answered prayer!

EASTER SUNDAY
What a beautiful day as we, along with nations of people, PRAISED GOD for the empty tomb...OUR RESURRECTED SAVIOUR, JESUS!  As I thought about that and read of thousands praising HIM, the thought came to me.  The WORD says if we won't PRAISE GOD, that the stones will!  Then I thought of that amazing protein molecule, Laminin, and the SPIRIT said, Brenda, when you PRAISE GOD it's not just one being, or one of thousands, there are trillions of cells in your body and because HE has created you, every one of those cells are filled with HIS LIGHT, and PRAISING GOD when you PRAISE HIM!!!  What a powerful tool we hold in our being!!!  As I was writing this I did a Google search to see how many cells we had.  Science NetLinks, a science teachers resource, states as many as..... are you ready for this???  100 TRILLION!!!
So! that means when we are going through a rough spot where the enemy is trying to take us down in despair, we have at our "finger tips" 100 trillion voices of LIGHT and PRAISE!  The devil can't abide in the LIGHT, so JESUS will be the victor, IF we will give GOD the GLORY HE sooo deserves!  WOW, that's a tall order, but I've purposed in my heart to GIVE GOD the GLORY!! 

Monday and Tuesday were spent preparing for Wednesday. ;)  Our crew got started bright and early Wednesday morning to pour the slab for our house! The garage and front porch area will be finished tomorrow, unless the weather is unfavorable.

Here's a couple pictures!
The First Pour

Finished!
The day seems to be passing favorably and we are looking forward to the Rehearsal Dinner this evening!

So appreciate all the texts/emails of encouragement with Scriptures that continue to build our Faith and Trust in HIM!
May HIS PEACE and POWER fill each of us as we go moment by moment, looking for opportunities to PRAISE HIS NAME!

1 comment:

  1. We are praying as the wedding weekend is beginning! The size of your family will soon be doubled(minus the grandkids). What a blessing! Our God is so good and we continue to underestimate the power of prayer.In Him, Bill & Anna

    ReplyDelete