Friday, April 6, 2012

Praise GOD for the Gift of HIS SON!

GOOD FRIDAY INDEED, as we reflect on JESUS sacrifice for us!  If it hadn’t been for HIM, we wouldn’t be walking this journey by faith and with the comfort of HIS SPIRIT. Thank you JESUS! 

The week has been one of ups and downs, which are almost beginning to feel  normal! Holding fast to our faith and belief that GOD is performing a miracle in Fred’s body gets a little tough when he’s hit with pain.  A dear friend referenced the scripture this week in Daniel, where Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, had to explain to the king why they refused to bow down to his image.  I so appreciate their words… Our GOD is able to deliver us and HE will deliver us from thy hand, but if not, we will not bow down.  That testimony is so inspiring every time I read it!  No matter what kind of fire the devil puts to us, we don’t have to yield.  Feeling certain we are in the right camp, and that GOD IS  performing  a miracle, I still find a thought float thru my mind of uncertainty from time to time.  This morning was one of those times.  I wondered if at some point in my life I would ever look back to this time and be tormented by the devil that we didn’t do “enough.”  So before Fred read, I asked GOD if HE would open the Word to something for me to know if HE wanted us to look into other avenues of “fighting” this cancer, and this is what HE said.  …to consider of this matter,…ye know how that a good while ago GOD made choice among us, I felt GOD was saying, Brenda, remember almost six months ago when I asked you to believe?  GOD which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness…purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye GOD…but we believe that through the grace of our LORD JESUS CHRIST,we shall be saved, even as they! Fred kept reading, and by this time the tears were streaming down my face for answered prayer and sorrow for my weak faith. And then he read… After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: that the residue of men might seek after the LORD …known unto GOD are all HIS works from the beginning of the world!!!  As Fred finished, I waited for him to speak, would the SPIRIT move his heart the same as HE did mine?  He said, “We just have to keep doing and believing and let GOD take care of the rest.”  My heart sang out in PRAISE!!! Once again GOD has spoken very directly and we deeply thank HIM for this!

GOOD FRIDAY, INDEED!

1 comment:

  1. So thankful we have God's Word for direction and comfort. It speaks to our hearts like none other. We continue to lift your family up in prayer to Him! love, the Schlipf's

    ReplyDelete