Saturday, June 23, 2012

8 Months: VICTORY and LOSS


A dear friend sent me an email with those words victory and loss in the subject line, I thought it said it all!
Eight months to the day, GOD gave VICTORY to my dear, dear husband...but we feel a deep, deep loss!

So much has transpired in the last two months as GOD gently and faithfully fulfilled every scripture we had opened to, and HE continued to guide us...through the WORD and the songs on our hearts.

Funeral services will be held at 4:30 pm Sunday, June 24, 2012 at the Apostolic Christian Church, Forrest. Burial will be in the South Apostolic Christian Cemetery, rural Fairbury. Visitation will be from 1:00 to 8:00 pm Saturday at Duffy-Pils Memorial Home, Fairbury and 3:30 to 4:15 pm Sunday at the church. 

As Fred and I often sang over the last eight months not only when the going was tough but just in PRAISE of OUR MAKER and SAVIOUR...

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

AMEN and AMEN

2 comments:

  1. What can I say but that you and your family have been nothing but a constant testimony of the Lord's love and faithfulness?
    You are in my heart always!
    Love,
    Shara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda,
    You have had such amazing faith through out this whole trial and I am sure God is so pleased with you! Thanks for the example of faith and courage you have been to me personally and for reminding me to always give God the glory even when it hurts.
    Love,
    Karla

    ReplyDelete