Thursday, October 20, 2011

Post-Op Updates

Fred had a good night of rest.  His pain is being managed very well by the medication.  His lungs are clear, his color is good, and he still has an NG tube.  He was left on O2 from surgery according to Dr. Wieland's orders to help keep his body oxygenated which aids in the healing process.

Dr. says recovery takes 4-5 days in the hospital and 3-6 weeks at home.  My goal is to give an update at the end of each hospital day.  So that's all for now until this evening.  And for those of you who know me real well, "the end of the day" isn't until midnight! ;) ....but I'll do my best to get it in before that!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be burning the midnight oil with ya!! Was good to talk with you today...thanks for sharing on this blog! Hope you have a restful evening!
    love ya...
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete